I’ve been finding it hard to find nice, sweet things to have now that I bascially can’t have a lot at all, so I thought I’d take a shot at making something myself…and I’m very glad I did. Of course if you don’t have an annoying allergy, just follow the recipe using normal ingredients. Also if you have no problem with dairy, I’d recommend using proper butter and a good quality dark chocolate.
So here it is!
Makes one loaf (8-10 slices)
125g Pure sunflower spread
250g golden caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon good quality vanilla essence
250g gluten free plain flour
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
4 ripe bananas
175g dairy free chocolate
One 900g loaf tin
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, and grease and line the loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together, beat in the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla essence.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and stir until combined.
4. Mash the bananas and chop the chocolate into small chunks, then stir them into the mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into your loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
Tastes great served warm or once cooled it can be kept for a few days in an airtight container.